Monday, May 24, 2010

Red Hot

When Coach Austin says he needs to light a fire under his team, he doesn't mess around. With record-setting temperatures in his arsenal, he and Coach Mike led the Reds to the most important record of the day. A WIN in the record books!

I guess with an 8-1 victory, I could say they were red hot! Seriously. Some good hitting tonight. And it was finally nice enough to bring out the camera to test it out.

I like zooming in on Carter's concentration. He did actually swing tonight -- more than once! That was good to see. He had one walk and one strikeout.

He stole second base. Literally. He slid into it and took the top off. They had to fix that before play resumed. Where was I for that? I know. Probably getting sand out of my teeth. There was a bit of a breeze going on.

We had very good pitching tonight so Carter had an easier time catching than some nights. I was not envious at all of hot it must have been with the extra equipment on. Yuck.

I was pleased that I could sit by home plate and get a decent shot at 3rd base. I really didn't snap too many photos, but am looking forward to testing out the action setting soon!

Other than that, it was dull day, of course. Nothing compares to a first win, that's for sure. I don't think it will be as hot on Wednesday, but hopefully they can keep their hot streak going.

Yay, Reds!

No comments: