Sunday, May 23, 2010

Now We're Cookin'

It was a magical trip Up North. When I left, it was Spring. When I came back, it was Summer! Nice.

It was actually a good trip. I guess any trip without car trouble is a bonus in itself! I got to my parents' in the early afternoon. Dad was taking a nap so I helped with some "chores." I still hate doing dishes! One of my sisters had been there the night before and got them started, but she left me the pans. Thanks! (And you know who you are!)

Anyway, I insisted we not dirty any more dishes, so when Dad got up, I took them out to eat. While we were down by St. Croix Falls, they showed me my nephew's new place in Osceola. He wasn't home, so we headed up to Wal-Mart to get some grocery shopping done. I made Dad stay in the vehicle since he'd had enough walking (in my opinion).

I had 2 reasons for going to Wal-Mart. One, it would be cheaper than the local grocery store in Luck. Two, I suspected that since it is on the "border" I might get lucky and score some Twins stuff. Boy did I score! Bonus, bonus, jackpot! Of course, I got 2 things for Carter, too, since some days he claims he's a Twins fan. (And who wouldn't be after our games Friday and Saturday?)

After shopping, we went home and Dad wasn't feeling well. So he sat in his easy chair and Mom and I played cards. (I beat her, by the way.) I was worried about him but he felt much better this morning. So I felt OK about leaving them.

I got back in the mid afternoon, when the temp had reached mid-80s already. Jim and Carter were at baseball practice so I walked over to the field (since I got no steps yesterday) and they were kind enough to give me a ride home! Whew. It's hot out there!

I don't mind it, though. I sat out on the deck a little bit and then mainly caught up with Carter, who told me they all had a good time at his party AND that Iron Man 2 was 5 times better than the first one! Now I have to get there this week!!

Last night they went to see Colin race up in Marshfield. He raced his "old" car, the Super Stock, this weekend. He took 2nd in the feature. He raced again this afternoon at Golden Sands. Sorry, but I got home too late and then it was too wicked out to sit for several hours. Colin did get fast time for Super Stocks and took another 2nd. Not bad for the first weekend!

Tonight I grilled up some burgers and Jim helped the next-door neighbor set up a batting cage. This will be helpful for Carter -- and the neighbor girl, who is on the tournament softball team.

It's going go be hot for Carter's games this week. We matched the record of 90 today in Wisconsin Rapids. Tomorrow they expect we'll set a new one. Yes, we turned the air on! And yes, I just polished my toenails. Time to break out the sandals (for a few days anyway)!

Stay cool!

No comments: