Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Crunch

I can see why people warn you about waiting 'til the last minute to do anything for Christmas. It's a zoo out there!

Today I did not get into town until after noon. I slept in until 8 again (this is becoming a habit I will hate to break when I go back to work), then got a 3-mile run in since it is quite mild out (mid-20s).

I dropped hubby off to have some Christmas cheer with some friends, then had to go into town to pick up an Assumption winter hat and sweatshirt I had ordered way back in the beginning of November with instructions: Please deliver before Christmas. Well I guess they technically got it done in time but I figured it wouldn't take 2 months so I sort of gave up on the idea of getting it in time. Now Carter will be even more spoiled!

While I was in town, I had to pick something up for my father-in-law's gift. Parents are very hard to buy for -- especially when they don't need anything or even mention they want anything! After I found something we hope is suitable, I made the mistake of stopping at Wal-Mart to "pick up a few groceries." Oh good grief, that place was a zoo! I should have known when I had to park a ways away that it was going to be packed with last-minute shoppers in a Christmas time crunch!

It took me way longer than I expected -- mainly because of the lines. But that's OK. While I was gone, Carter cleaned his room and closet -- organizing it and making a pile of clothes he has outgrown (anyone need any boys' Vikings clothes??).

I figured if he was going to be productive, I better, too. So I dusted and vacuumed in the basement and hit my Scrap Cave for a few hours. That will be an endless organization project, but I did get my 2009 stuff put away and got things set to start scrapping my 2010 album as soon as I get my Cricut in hand!

I do have a dilemma, though. I noticed my January 2010 pictures are missing. No idea where the box is but it is not with all my other 2010 pictures (or with 2009). So I can either order prints and pick them up at Walgreens (nightmare). Or print them myself -- but I am out of my photo paper so would have to go buy some at Wal-Mart (bigger nightmare).

Ugh. I knew I shouldn't have waited until the last minute! Why didn't anyone warn me?

No comments: