Friday, December 10, 2010

Time's Up

Now I completely understand when people who are retired or work part time or not at all claim they don't have time to get anything done during the day. Honestly, time goes way too fast and suddenly the day is gone!

I suppose it didn't help that I slept in today, but it sure felt good rolling over and seeing it was just about 8 a.m. Nice start to my day off.

After breakfast, I got the rest of my Christmas cards labeled and out to the mailbox, then hit the closet. I had 4 bags set to go to Goodwill and I managed to get 2 more out of that closet. Yay! I'm done in there for now. Of course, by the time I get that checked off the list and some laundry, it's almost noon already. What the heck?

I knew I had to get a good run in today because the weather probably won't allow it the next few days. So I strapped my "ice cleats" over my running shoes and away I went. It was not too slippery out and I managed 4 miles easily. I'm trying to convince my pedometer that 4 miles on snow should equal at least 5 miles, but it won't listen. Dang.

As long as I was hot and sweaty, I figured I might as well stay outside and decorate the deck. Nothing too fancy. I just wrap garland around it and hang red bows on the all posts. It's pretty (and will be buried probably after this storm).

After my shower, I went into town to drop off the bags at Goodwill and get some grocery shopping done. I get home and it's 3 p.m. already. Carter got home at 3:30. I fed him and took him to basketball. And there went my day.

I came home and waited for hubby to get home from work so we could ride to Carter's game together. This is the beginning of a busy hoops schedule. He has 7 games in the next 12 days. And that doesn't count his tournament games next Saturday. We got to his game a few minutes late and it hadn't even started yet. Then we found out why. The other team (from Marathon by Wausau) never showed. Basically, the boys "practiced" for an hour, waiting, but they still didn't appear. So technically we have our second win of the season!

After the non-game, we went to Pittsville to watch our nephew Colin and the varsity team play. My sister-in-law Sherry rode with us. The boys played hard but Pittsville killed them by nearly 20. Not good. Hopefully they can turn things around.

It's good to be back home. I see I left plenty of things on my "list" to do tomorrow! Something tells me I might be in bed again until 8 ... and I'm just gonna have to be OK with that.

No comments: