Sunday, December 5, 2010

Deckin' the Halls

It was a whirlwind of a day around here since we all were finally home for once! After church and Sunday School, I had to whip through my "Saturday chores" a day late so we could set up the Christmas tree!

Yes, we converted long ago to an artificial one with built-in lights (that are starting to burn out) -- but our 4-foot wreath outside is real! During Thanksgiving weekend, Jim had already hung the icicle lights outside (that are starting to burn out), so it was my turn to get the indoors decked out.


First, I wanted to wrap the presents that have been taking over our bedroom in a huge pile. Got all those done -- including my Cricut so I guess I really do have to wait for Christmas to open it now! After that, Carter and I started hanging our favorite ornaments on the tree...


... while watching football of course. The Viking weren't on, but we kept seeing updates and were not too disappointed in this household when we heard Favre got knocked out of the game and T-Jack got to play. What a game! Now we just have to win the rest to finish at 9-7. ('Tis the season for wishes, isn't it??)

We got the tree decorated without any incidents...


... except when the tree almost ate Carter! Sylvester better look out. She's already been napping under there. Hopefully this year she won't attempt to climb it. She's way too big for that!

Plus, look at this pretty tree! I don't want it to fall over!


After the tree was done, we hung up a few more decorations and lights and called it a day. I'll get more done later this week. In the meantime, we have to celebrate our accomplishment with a shot of eggnog and some homemade Candy Cane Oreo Blizzards!

Oh yeah, we know how to deck the halls, alright.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree! I hope to get ours this weekend. Lene