Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sounds of the Season

OK, I missed Glee for a very good reason tonight. We very much enjoyed some LIVE sounds of the season this evening at the Assumption Middle School Band & Choir Christmas Concert.

The choir was up first and I had a total flashback to our junior high Christmas concerts! One of their numbers was Pacem. That was the first choir song we performed for the Luck Junior High Christmas Concert in 1980. Who remembers it with me? Dona... Nobis... Pacem... Mr. Nygren insisted we sing a Latin song because it would help us concentrate on reading the notes and not be all concerned about the words. Good tip from a great choir teacher!

Back to the present...

The band performed 4 songs and, not that I'm a biased parent or anything, they sounded awesome! Such a step up from last year's grade-school concert. Very, very enjoyable AND I could even hear some of Carter's low brass parts on the baritone. I didn't get any pictures since it was a packed gymnasium and we were too far away, but I did video it and may get that loaded one of these days. It'll definitely put you in the Christmas spirit!

Now you know why I like the show Glee so much. I absolutely loved choir when I was in school (and obviously remember the songs) and now am looking forward to many more concerts starring, well featuring, Carter tooting his horn.

Hope you find a way to enjoy the sounds of the season!

No comments: