Saturday, December 25, 2010

Oh, Cricut Tree...

We woke up in something like Bizarro World this morning. Daddy and I were up before Carter! It didn't take him long to hear us, then we had to wake up the big boys and get going on the gift opening. Judging by first glance, I would say we all must have been very, very good this year!

The big boys liked their presents (especially since they picked most of them out), Carter liked his iPod and other gifts, Daddy liked our surprises for him and I did not mind the lack of surprises. I got MY Cricut! Thanks, Santa!

It didn't take long before the living room looked like Mount Wrapping Paper erupted! That was about the time Sylvester found her catnip in her stocking and added to the chaos. Gotta love Christmas morning!!

I do. Especially when Daddy makes breakfast. And especially when there are 5 of us here to eat it! The big boys had to leave by 11 to go with their mom to her parents. I was just glad we had a good evening and morning with them. I miss that.

After they left, I went for a 4-mile run in the life-size snowglobe we live in. It was awesome! Big flakes falling the whole time. I felt like Snoopy as I stuck my tongue out catching them.

I'm sure the highlight of everyone's day around here was my demonstration of how the Cricut works. Hubby says, "How long do I have to pretend to be interested?" What a good sport. At least I know I won't have to share it with him. (As if that was a remote possibility.)

The rest of the day and evening was all about family fun for the 3 of us. Watched Bill Murray's Scrooged movie together then, after supper, I dragged out my old Tripoly game and taught those 2 how to play one of my childhood favorites. I don't even mind that I came in last. I just like sharing with them one of the games we (us 4 younger kids) played for hours and hours during our Christmas breaks. I bet you anything (if I had any chips left, that is) that Ron, Rachel and Raylene are reading this and jealous they couldn't be a part of it!

And, true to form, we played until we were staying up way later than anticipated. Not that it matters. I believe we're supposed to be celebrating Jesus' birthday all day ... and we haven't even gotten to the cake yet! (Do we have cake??)

Sure, I thanked Santa for my material gifts. But thank you, Jesus, for all the true gifts that made today special!

Hope your Christmas was filled with blessings of love, family and fun, too!

No comments: