Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pretty Slick

They must have smarter weathermen this winter because they seem to be right all too often. So yes, this afternoon we did get the 3 or 4 inches of snow they predicted. And yes, they were followed by some drizzling freezing rain that made for slick conditions.

I'm not a fan when they are right.

We did hustle out of work a bit early so we could get home and get Carter to basketball practice. Daddy kindly volunteered to take him so I thought, sure I don't mind. I hate driving in the winter (tough not to do in Wisconsin), plus I can start my 3-day weekend early!

I have tomorrow off. No real special plans, just a lot of items on my list of things to do. Basically, I had to take it or lose it. I would never want to end the year with left over vacation, would you? I have been holding onto a few days in case Carter was home sick or some other emergency came up. Fortunately, he's been healthy and so have I!

So I get set on the couch and watch some TV and wait patiently for the Schwan's man to arrive -- obviously hoping he is driving carefully out on the slick roads but still has sense to stop by! I am in need of a Peppermint Stick ice cream fix!

Oh did he arrive alright. And with the wrong answer!

We have a new Schwan's man and apparently he needs to be trained on my mint needs. When it's Christmas time, mint chocolate chip doesn't cut it. I need the holiday green stuff. But no. No Peppermint Stick ice cream left in his truck tonight. No Andes Mint Pies either. I told him this is why guys don't last long on this route. If they don't have mint for the mint freaks, they "disappear."

I pre-ordered 4 for next time. It's going to be a long 2 weeks! I wager I go to the dark side and buy some Edy's Peppermint ice cream. I guess that'll have to do for now...

Of course, that means one more (well, 4 more) awesome thing to look forward to at Christmas!

No comments: