Monday, December 27, 2010

Mastering Mondays

I've never been a fan of Mondays but I realize now it is all in how you approach them. For example, if you do not set an alarm and you do sleep in, then proceed to enjoy yourself for the day, it is really much more than tolerable!

And that was my day in a nutshell...

First thing this morning, Daddy took Sylvester to the vet for her annual checkup. She is a perfectly healthy cat in "great shape," he said. Excellent! They did have to take some blood for "senior tests" now that she is over the age of 6, so we hope we do not hear anything bad from the doc tomorrow. Apparently, though, our indoor princess is still traumatized by the trip out of the house. She has sort of been napping/hiding in the same place since she got home. Poor girl. I hope she didn't faint or anything. That seems to be going around.

Jim had to go to the eye doctor at noon so I went into town with him. He had new lenses (with bifocals!!) put in his same frames so he had to leave them there for an hour. Sounds like the perfect setup for a lunch date! It was. We ate at El Mezcal, a Mexican joint that several friends and family members had recommended, but we just never got there. Worth waiting for, though! Generous portions and yummy food. And, since we were on a "date," we shared a bowl of fried ice cream for dessert. M-m-m. Yes, it is past 9:30 and I am still not hungry! Good stuff.

After picking up his glasses, we came home and it was Carter's turn for Momma time. We watched Drumline -- one of several DVDs he got for Christmas. He absolutely loves that movie and is inspired to do even better in band. So he was excited to share that with me. While I was watching, I managed to price a pile of his clothes for the spring garage sale, too. Multi-tasking at its finest!

When the movie was done, I was due for some one-on-one time with my Cricut. I finally got photo paper so I printed out the January 2010 pictures I needed, and started scrapping! I only got 3 pages done, but I can tell you, with this magical machine's help, this book is going to be awesome!

Tonight the guys went to the batting cage (yes, indoor) for awhile so I could have kept on scrapping... or I could have watched any Christmas movie I wanted... or I could actually get a few time-consuming things off my to-do listed. Sigh... I had to get those done and over with so I parked in front of the computer and took care of a few work things on my websites then proceeded to burn 5 CDs worth of images that had been sitting on our computer for months.

Amazingly now the computer runs faster. Go figure. I knew I had to do that -- just never made the time. Next will be the 5 months of pictures still on my camera. Not tonight, though. The guys are back and I'm thinking I might have room for a little Peppermint Ice Cream.

Just a little to top off a great Monday!

No comments: