Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Slow-Stice

I had to make up for my non-productive day yesterday taking care of Carter. But felt a little under the gun since this is the shortest day of the year.

Of course, looking at snow removal as my first task got me off to a slow start. I was proud of myself, though. I ran the snowblower all by myself without any help and even got all the shoveling done. I can tell you this -- I sure like it better when we all chip in. Good thing we didn't get as much snow as predicted!

With Carter feeling all OK now and hubby at work, I had the house to myself so after I finished some cleaning, I got to finish wrapping the few presents I had left in hiding. Then, I was honestly going to tackle another room and suddenly I got sucked into watching a Christmas movie on TV. Christmas Cupid or something like that. I'm not sure how that happened, but I couldn't control myself! Just had to watch it.

So that explains my slow progress. And, since I'm on vacation, who cares?

When Carter got home from school, I fed him quick and we headed into town for his last basketball game before break. They played against Nekoosa, a team they lost to by something like 20 points last time. This time, though, some more playing time was a big help and our Royals kept pace with them for the whole game. We trailed 14-10 at halftime, then came back and won 36-30. Yay! It was the 4th win in the last 5 games. The team is finally coming together and Carter now is more of a helper, too. He had a solid game with some rebounds and steals.

We celebrated by getting eggnog shakes on the way home. Not that we needed an excuse, right?

Got home and Carter had homework to get done while I, well, got sucked into another Christmas movie. 'Tis the season! Tomorrow is another day off and another day to tackle my list of things to do!

If I feel like it.

No comments: