Friday, December 17, 2010

One Down...

I did something a little crazy this week. I pretty much got 3 weeks' worth of work done in 4 days so I could have today off... and next week... and the week after, too.

Oh it sounds good, but Day One went by in such a flash, I can't believe it's over. I think because it was such a stressful work week leading up to it. Tack onto that our busy evening schedule of 4 basketball games plus Christmas caroling. And, well, I'm pooped.

Today was a big to-do anyway. As in big to-do list before tomorrow's big day. Besides getting some minimal (and I mean minimal) cleaning done, I had running around to do in town to pick up some groceries and the last gifts on my list. Yes, I have swiped my debit card for the last time this Christmas season! (For gifts anyway.) Yay!

Came home and wrapped the remaining gifts, then made some treats to sell at concessions tomorrow morning at the basketball tournament, then made a jello salad for my family Christmas party Up North tomorrow, then planned our part in the family Christmas program for tomorrow, then stared in disbelief when Carter walked in the door and school was already out! He ate a quick snack, changed into his uniform and off to basketball we went for a 5 p.m. game.

We played his comrades at West Junior High. They beat us by 16 last time and beat us by 18 this time. Carter did get some decent playing time and even shot twice. He missed both times, but at least he got a chance to put it up.

After the game, we all went over to Assumption to set up for the Cage Tournament. Mainly getting the gym situated and everything set for concessions, etc. We are hosting it so we are in charge. That took about an hour or so. Then we grabbed some Rocky's pizza on the way home and left just enough time to pack.

Whew!

I sure hope all of my days off don't go this fast!

No comments: