Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter Wonder-What-The?

I know those of us in the Midwest are sick of seeing the snow, as lovely as it is, but I had to post some pictures for the benefit of my sister in Texas -- just in case she ever second guesses herself for moving there! I doubt she does!

Above, the snow looks so pretty as it falls Saturday afternoon. This was our view all Saturday and probably all during the night, too, though we couldn't hear it or see it...

...only saw what we woke up to! Needless to say, we did not make it to 8 a.m. church (or any later service). Carter's practice and Christmas program were called off, too. The plow finally came through mid-afternoon.

Our neighbor took care of our driveway, but Jim handled the "extra" areas -- with joy, of course, as you can see on his face.

Judging by the path (and unofficial measurements in the neighborhood), we estimate we got about 14-16 inches.


Carter was in charge of the decks so I just had the responsibility of taking scrapbook pictures. You can tell he was really happy about it!

I didn't feel guilty for a minute. The snow was much wetter and heavier today so this old lady did not need to strain my back. Plus I was busy doing something important I'm sure... but I just can't recall what it was...

Probably watching replays of the Dome roof collapsing. What a mess! I guess Brett Favre will do anything to delay a game a day so he can keep his streak alive!

The weather even messed up St. Lucia's schedule. Typically, our Scandinavian Goddess of Light arrives Dec. 13. But somehow sensing our incredibly busy schedule tomorrow with work, school and out-of-town basketball, she arrived this afternoon. Jim got the book Dreaming of a Black Christmas by comedian Lewis Black and Carter got Toy Story 3. Naturally, we had to watch that right away (and cry again)! Awesome movie!

What did I get? I guess I'll say I got a free pass from shoveling for the day (but in all likelihood it's something I've been typing on for the past 3 weeks)!

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

No comments: