Monday, December 13, 2010

Streakin'

Well we knew it was going to come to an end sometime soon. Oh, I'm not talking about the snowfall. I'm talking about Brett Favre's streak of starting 297 football games.

There. I acknowledged it. Now I can move on.

Seriously, I do give props to anyone who can be dedicated to their job. I know several of us at work who haven't had a sick day in years. We don't get any recognition on ESPN. We just get our paycheck and, well, basically the company could just say, "We're even."

And we would be.

I do like streaks though. I like when my team (Twins, Vikings, Assumption Middle School, etc.) is on a winning streak. That's always fun but you know it's gotta end at some point. It just does.

At this point, I'd be happy if the AMS 7th-graders had some sporadic wins. No streak required. Just a real win now and then to keep those boys motivated.

We took a road loss tonight at Pittsville. Jim and I traveled from Iola -- way east of Rapids -- to Pittsville -- about 20 minutes west. Long drive on a cold day. We got there just in time to see the whole game, which included one point scored by our dear #13. He was 1 for 2 from the free-throw line and that was about it. Not much playing time tonight. They lost 45-33.

Ah well, tomorrow's another day and another game. We play Amherst, who we almost beat on their court. Maybe it's not too late to start a streak. I'll let you know how it goes.

I better go have some ice cream now. Would hate to break that streak! You ain't got nothin' on me, Favre!

No comments: