Monday, December 6, 2010

Two Peas

Carter often hears how he looks like Daddy but Carter and I share quite a few traits as well.

I can't decide yet if they are good or bad. I just know hubby is going to ruin his eyes one of these days for how often he rolls them due to something one of us does or says.

Like both of his parents, Carter does like to tell a story. I've seen some of his writing assignments and they are not too bad. Tonight, though, I saw him rewriting a paper that was turned in last Friday and now was marked up quite a bit -- including a side note that mentioned something about the lack of a plot.

"What happened here?" I ask.

"Oh, I just had writer's block!" he says.

Nice. Good to know he's already got that excuse built in!

He got the new story done and said, "OK, it's time for Peppermint ice cream, Mom."

Nice. Good to know he already has that built in, too! I mean seriously, very nice.

Sometimes it's not too bad being two peas in a pod.

No comments: