Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wild Things

What a wild and crazy day today! We were up early at the school by 7 a.m. so Jim and I could work concessions at the Cage Basketball Tournament.

Carter's first game was at 8 a.m. Didn't really get to see that. They ended up losing by 8 points to the Marshfield Sharpshooters. Since his second game wasn't until 11:30, I went home when our shift was done at 10 a.m., packed up the CRV for the Hedberg family Christmas and went back to the school.

The second game versus Blair-Taylor was a nail-biter. Carter had a couple of steals, too. It was fun to watch and even more fun that we won!! By only 1 point, too! Wild.

After that, we picked up Casey and Clay and left town. My nephew Zach and his girlfriend Liana were our Christmas hosts this year. In their invitation letter, they stipulated that this was going to be a WILD Christmas and we should dress WILD. It was up to each of us to determine what WILD was. I chose some black lounge pants with pink flames on them and hubby really walked on the wild side. He wore a Packers t-shirt! I know. That is as wild and crazy as it gets.

It was fun to see everyone's outfits and really cool to see my whole family -- including my sister Rayna and husband Paul, who flew up from Texas to surprise everyone! Yes, I was in on the secret. And yes, I somehow managed to keep my mouth shut! Will wonders never cease?

Had a good meal and fun evening doing our annual program. We have so much creativity and talent in my family. It's always entertaining.

After the program, we ate some more (naturally) and exchanged some gifts and played some games. Tonight, we are staying in the hotel in Osceola (where Zach lives). Somehow the time flew and it is after 11 already.

Now for me, you know that's wild!

No comments: