Sunday, December 19, 2010

Silent Night

I bet my nephew Zach is enjoying a silent night this evening with just his girlfriend and the dogs around to make noise instead of 35 family members!

I finally did a tally of attendees and yes, nearly 3 dozen wild Hedbergs (which is redundant) stormed Osceola for the night! Whoo-hoo!

The morning after, we joined my sister and brother-in-law for breakfast at the restaurant next to the hotel so we could spend a little more time with them before they headed back to the airport and Texas. Also joining us were the host and hostess, along with my sister Rachel and my parents (who stayed on at the party house instead of driving home so late).

My dad shows up wearing that obnoxious yellow Packer t-shirt donated to him by his favorite son-in-law. Apparently, that really was the only thing he had to wear since they didn't pack an overnight bag. Desperate times call for desperate wardrobes, I guess.

We hit the road by 10:30, dropped the big boys off in town and were home by 2-ish. After a day with my wonderful family, it seemed so silent as we quietly went about our business of unpacking, assembling gifts (Carter's new Gold Gym pull-up bar) and checking fantasy football scores. We got some laundry going and I snuck out for quick 2-mile walk. I felt like a slug after so much travel sitting and "grazing," so it was good to get out in the crisp, refreshing air!

After supper, we delivered some Christmas cookies to Carter's former babysitters and that was the extent of our strenuous activity for the evening. Now Jim's on the other computer and Carter is reading and I am contemplating my list of things to do this week while I'm off.

I realize most people around here are watching some football game. We might check that later. For now I am going to enjoy the tree lights and, like my nephew, the silence.

No comments: