Sunday, May 29, 2011

Extra, Extra

With this 3-day weekend, I had to treat one of the days as an "extra" -- as in "I should probably do something today I don't want to do because I'll still have a day off tomorrow." In other words, nothing too fun, that's for sure.

It probably didn't help, we slept in a bit and went to late church. That throws the Sunday schedule off by a few hours. After church, Carter and I had a little shopping to do so it was afternoon already when we got home.

I put on my old floral apron -- which I pretend transforms me into a domestic goddess -- and got to work. I "baked" potatoes on the grill after the brats were done, made a tasty grape salad and balled a watermelon. (Sounds funny, but I think that's what I did.) It was already 2 p.m. when I sat down to eat lunch but at least I got some things made for the week.

After that, I had to choose between 2 time-consuming projects. Since the weather was cool and somewhat sketchy, I chose the indoor one.

Basically, I spent several hours loading 5 months' worth of photos off our camera, saving them on our computer, uploading them unto the Walgreens website, ordering prints, them moving the photos off the computer onto a flash drive. Just a time-consuming, laborious project that had to get done so I could clear the camera off for more baseball and racing photos!

When supper was over, I decided to take a little 2-mile walk so I could at least get some exercise and fresh air. It was never really sunny out today or warm enough, for that matter, for me to worry that I was missing any deck chair time.

There are rumors, though, that tomorrow may be perfect for that. Something tells me that 4 or 5 hours at the race track will give me all the sun I need! Then I'll need an extra day again to recover!

Unfortunately, I won't get it.

No comments: