Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tee for Two

Had a date today with my Prince Charming, enjoying "tee" for two at the Lake Arrowhead Golf Course, just south of us in the town of Rome-ance. We saw a deal we couldn't pass up and, after seeing the forecast for 60+ and sunny, we decided to take the day off and enjoy ourselves.

We played the Lakes course (there are 2 others there) so there was plenty of water and plenty of people, too. We had to wait pretty often but that beats sitting in the office, right?

I realized this was the first time I'd even touched my clubs in 9 months. So I was rusty. And let me tell you, the long par 5's were even longer today!

We ended up keeping our windbreakers on for most of the day. Very windy, which kept it a bit cool. Still got plenty of sun, though, on our pasty-white legs!

There were some pretty holes with water fountains and...

plenty of sand, too! I ended up losing 4 balls today between the water and woods. But that didn't spoil the mood one bit.

I had a few shots I was happy with, but overall, I played like it was my first time out, so that was expected. I also was wearing my Twins hat -- hoping for good luck -- but I played as poorly as they are these days! (Not to mix sports or anything.)


Turned out to be a great "date" -- with waterfalls and everything! When we were done golfing, we got another treat. I just "happened to know a place" that sells good hard ice cream down in Rome. So after 18 holes of sunny golf, I got my Blueberry Waffle Cone fix, too!


What a day!


The only downer was the baseball game later, where the Royals got smoked by East Junior High. I guess they had to lose some time. At least I know there's plenty more baseball to be had this summer.


And hopefully, a lot more golf, too!

No comments: