Saturday, May 21, 2011

No-pocalypse

I usually hate when the weather man is wrong. But I really love when the "World is Ending" man is!

Thankfully -- as expected by us faithful and reasonable folks -- the Apocalypse scheduled for today did not happen. That's fine by me. I was doing what I enjoyed anyway. Got to go out for a good 6-mile run. Did some garage sale-ing with my boy. And spent 5 hours at the ball park. Yup, I would have been going out in style!

I was worried for a little bit that something was up because our Internet was down from yesterday afternoon to this morning. That's why I couldn't get any pictures posted last night. But the Internet is now working and I have the famous pitching photos for you. They are all pretty blurry since it was early evening (and a nervous mother couldn't get her hands steady). I think you'll still get the idea...


Carter concentrates on his target at home plate.
Stepping back to get set for the pitch.

Almost grunting! A mighty pitch!


This one is completely blurry but I like that his teammate Brady is in focus and obviously smiling about the strikes!


Last part of the heave to the catcher.

Looking for the call from the ump. "He's outta here!"


Game over. Good game, good game...


That's a wrap on the season, guys!

Nice team photo of the 2011 Assumption Middle School Baseball team!

"No, I'm not gonna stop smiling about my pitching!!"


I wouldn't either.

No comments: