Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Vacation :: The Sequel

I almost wonder if there were hidden cameras the past 2 weeks, recording our comedic drama for a sequel to the Christmas Vacation movie. I mean c'mon, other than having a squirrel in the house, it felt like the misadventures of the Grizzwold family!

Glad that's over.

Today it was officially back to the daily grind. And it couldn't have come sooner!

Neither hubby nor myself were feeling 100%, but we gave it a go. It's hard not to go into the office when you've been out for over a week. You just don't want work to pile up even more.

I had a few moments this morning especially when I thought I should have just stayed home in bed. Maybe rest it off for a day. But I got through it. Gatorade helped get me re-hydrated. Focusing on the many, many tasks at hand helped get my mind off a sequel to yesterday's events.

We both made it through then headed up to Marathon after work for Carter's basketball game. They played like they had been off 11 days as well. Not good. We just never got it going tonight. Ended up losing something like 44-21. Dang.

After the game, we stopped at the nearby McDonald's to get Carter something to eat. I figured I was due for an eggnog shake, too, but they said they are all out until next season. Double dang.

Guess we're all hoping the year, the season, each day gets a little better. Good thing we're loaded patience around here.

Right.

No comments: