Sunday, January 1, 2012

False Start

We haven't quite started our Happy New Year yet. It's been sort of a false start here. We've got the New Year in place, just not the Happy part.

Sometime after the ball had dropped, the clock struck 12 and we had our New Year's kiss, hubby also got something else. A flu bug.

He was up several times during the night and wasn't far from the bathroom all day, laying in bed in sweats and still shivering. The flu sucks!

Meanwhile, I thought for awhile there I would be joining him. Despite the icy roads, we had to get to 8 a.m. church for Carter to acolyte. I was fine beforehand and greeted some old friends and really felt good. Then, about 5 minutes into the service, just like at Christmas, I thought I was going to pass out. Trust me, less than 20 people made it to the early service so it wasn't overcrowded or overheated. Who knows what it was, but I snuck out a side door and laid down in a Sunday School room for awhile. It was a little scary on the drive home but after a few stops, we got here. I slept on the couch awhile and never really had any zip (or Happy) set in.

Jim wasn't up for eating anything and I didn't have much of an appetite either. Finally at 6 tonight I had that piece of cheesecake. Now you know something's not right.

Carter had to spend his last day of Christmas vacation playing video games by himself, shoveling snow by himself and eating by himself. I did watch a movie with him. We got the Kevin Costner Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Blu-Ray for $5 on Black Friday. So that was fun to watch that "old" movie together.

Now I'm trying to get him set for his return to school tomorrow. Thankfully, Jim and I have one more day off to recover and rejuvenate. It's our New Year's holiday. Here's hoping tomorrow we can add the Happy.

No comments: