Friday, January 6, 2012

Clean Bill of Health?

The trip to the doctor today provided some answers -- but they weren't questions I'd asked yet.

I had an exam and they took blood (didn't faint, ha) and the results were amazing. I have perfectly normal blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid, blood-sugar levels, electrolytes and other things I didn't know needed to be tested. In other words, I am perfectly healthy. Who would have thought?

So while the doctor still couldn't identify exactly what is wrong with me, at least I have everything from my heart to my hemoglobin covered!

Actually, he speculated that it is a virus of some sort that needs to run its course. The funny thing is that I told hubby the other day, "I am not going to let the doctor tell me it's just some virus." But that's what he said and I let him.

Now it seems logical because I am gradually feeling better. He suggested "rest and fluids" this weekend so that I can hopefully be back to normal by Sunday, maybe Monday at the latest.

So I went to work (hubby drove, of course) and was feeling way better than yesterday or the day before. I didn't want to push it so I am staying home from the basketball game tonight (high school boys) and will have to miss Carter's hoops tourney up in Antigo tomorrow. That bums me out but in the long run, this could get me closer to being able to drive and go to church again. Ha. I really do have problems!

At least I know from all these tests this week, that other than the obvious, I am perfectly normal!

No comments: