Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Worth Noting

A part of me feels badly for those winter outdoors types who haven't even had a chance to dust off their skis or snowmobiles this winter.

But just a teeny part. The rest of me is loving this springlike weather in Wisconsin.

Since I've been pretty much confined indoors, I haven't commented much on what's happening outside but it's worth noting: We've had Spring around here! Not kidding. Sunny and temps in the 40s, nearly 50, for several days. When you see people walking around without coats in January, you wonder if you are still in Wisconsin. It's crazy.

For people like hubby and me, who have that 45-mile commute to work, we don't mind warm temps and bare roads one bit. For runners (and I will be one again someday soon, I hope), this has been perfect weather. I am so envious of those capable of doing that! 40-something degrees is my running temp!

We did do one thing to take advantage of this winter "break." We took our Christmas icicle lights, garland and red bows off the outside of the house this afternoon. Might as well do it now in our shirt sleeves since Winter is bound to show up sooner or later.

And yes, it will.

Life in these northern climes will be back to reality Thursday, I guess. Supposed to get up to 5 inches of snow with a high only in the teens. B-r-r. Just about the time I'll feel better (knock on wood) and get to go outside, it will be to shovel!

So we better enjoy this while we can. If I don't feel up to it tomorrow, promise me you'll at least enjoy it for me. Heck, if you want to run a mile or 2 for me as well, I won't turn you down.

I'll return the favor some day.

No comments: