Friday, January 27, 2012

Old School

If you want to feel old, go back to the town you went to college in... and see how it's changed. In 20 years! Whoa. Has it been that long?

I'm excited we get to spend the weekend in La Crosse, but honestly, our schedule is so full, I really won't get any time for sight-seeing. Not that I haven't seen it all before!

We got into town about 6 and stopped at Edwardo's Pizza for supper. I said, "I remember that was good pizza. Let's stop there." Good thing some things don't change in 20 years. The pizza was still awesome! In fact, 3 hours later and I am still full!

Since our first basketball game is at 8 a.m., most of Carter's teammates are at the Super 8 hotel with us. Tomorrow we switch to a different hotel, but this one will be nice and close to Aquinas High School in the morning.

Tonight, the "kids" hung out in the lobby and us grownups hung out around the pool. No one was swimming. We were just talking stupid. Probably more so than the kids. But that's what makes an overnight trip fun.

Now I gotta be the evil mother and get Carter to bed. I think there are some other mean moms, too, dragging their kids to bed so we're all rested for a big day tomorrow.

I'll just pretend I'm in college and sleep's not that important!

No comments: