Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dancing Queens

With our life focused on raising boys, every once in awhile we have to "adopt" someone else's daughter as our own. This gives us great excuses to attend softball games, volleyball games, girls basketball games and, today, a dance recital!

One of the dance studios in town was putting on their semi-annual show. We were mainly going because Jim's goddaughter Becca was going to be in it, but we knew of at least 2 other dancing daughters of friends, too.

Obviously, I wasn't sure what to expect. In the back of my mind, I guess I was thinking of girls in tutus doing graceful Swan Lake moves. I couldn't have been more surprised when the first set of songs was Lady Gaga and the second set was Adele. Seriously! The third set was patriotic numbers ranging from Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy to Lee Greenwood's God Bless the U.S.A.

In all, it was almost a 2-hour show. And it was awesome! Becca did great and well, so did everyone. You can tell it was a lot of hours of practice to pull that off. What a treat.

And I was just glad to survive my first big "outing." The rest of the day it put me in the mood to dance. Which helped when I was un-decking the halls since taking down Christmas decorations is typically a downer.

Too bad I didn't have a daughter to help me!

No comments: