Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mister Freeze

I'm Mister White Christmas
I'm Mister Snow
I'm Mister Icicle
I'm Mister Ten Below
Friends call me Snow Miser...


Well, he showed up late to the party, but Mister Freeze sure made an entrance.

Yes, I know it's winter in Wisconsin. And yes, I knew he was coming. But that doesn't mean I have to like it!

When I got up this morning, it was 6 below zero in Wisconsin Rapids. Right now it is 6 below zero. I'm not sure what happened in between but I don't think we got above zero. It sure didn't feel like it anyway. The wind was brutal, making the windchill factor super-duper cold. (That's official weather man jargon, I'm sure.)

Probably a good thing I didn't have to be anywhere tonight. There were at least 3 places I would have liked to have been (hubby is at the girls' hoops game), but I opted to stay home with Carter. Where it was warm inside. And we both got sucked into a second evening of American Idol.

I'll be the first to admit I am a fair weather Idol fan. I watch some of the initial tryouts (like this week) then pretty much ignore it -- unless I happen to catch a minute here or there -- until it gets down to the last half dozen to dozen contestants. Unless, of course, there's someone on there I know (which only happened once and that was a remote connection) or someone from Wisconsin kicking butt, a la Danny Gokey (who I still think should have won).

So we listened to some good and bad singers tonight, were entertained and that took our minds of Mister Freeze howling outside our windows. B-r-r-r!

Apparently it really distracted Carter, who just said, "Hey, you want a root beer float?"

Whose kid is that?!

No comments: