Sunday, January 29, 2012

Snooze Button

In hindsight, it was a bad parenting decision on my behalf to allow Carter to even think of getting up at 5:30 a.m.

Because he did.

And, by scientific deduction regarding the location of the alarm clock, you can logically deduce Carter was not the only one up before sunrise. As a result, while Carter was off hot-tubbing with friends (girls included), you guessed it, we had some crabby grownups in our room.

I didn't quite recover. I really would have loved to have hit the snooze to the off position and get back to some good dream. But no, we were up and therefore on the road well before 9 a.m. The good part about that is we got home at a decent time so I had my "Saturday" chores of dusting, sweeping and vacuuming done by noon.

My plan was to get some final scrapbooking stuff together for next weekend, but I couldn't get the energy. In fact, I actually got sick in a projectile way and knew I needed some more sleep. So while Jim dragged Carter to the batting cage to see if he had energy, I laid down for 2 hours. Didn't really sleep but got enough rest to get on with my day.

And by "get on with my day," I mean sit on the couch and watch male figure skating and then a dramatic finish in a golf tournament on TV. Somewhere in there, I did do Carter's laundry and give him some pointers on an upcoming science presentation. But I still anticipate I'll be on the couch shortly to watch part of the SAG Awards at 7, then probably be in bed by 8.

That alarm and first snooze will come soon enough!

No comments: