Sunday, January 15, 2012

You Still Have Your Health

I know this doesn't mean much to Packers fans right now, but you know the old saying when people are down on their luck... "You still have your health." Trust me, that's a bi-i-i-i-i-i-ggg deal!

Again today I can say this is the best I've felt all year. Two weeks into 2012 and that is saying a lot. It sure has made me appreciate every good feeling. And doubly appreciate when, at the end of the day, the good feelings outweighed the bad, icky, dizzy ones. I like those days.

Today, I did not make it to church. I didn't sleep well and didn't want my un-dramatic return to be influenced by lack of sleep again. But once I had breakfast and got some caffeine in me, I was feeling almost normal.

I spent much of the early afternoon helping Carter with his Science Fair project -- and by helping I mean cutting out letters on the Cricut and making him do all the pasting up on his poster board. (He's really had a productive weekend thanks to being grounded.)

And while 9 out of 10 houses in Wisconsin were tuned into the playoff game later this afternoon, I found something of my own to cheer about. My first drive this year!

I got in the car and drove a mile down the road, turned around then drove another mile and turned back toward home. I got a little nervous toward the end, but I stayed conscious -- which is good since I was by myself. I don't know if I am ready for the 45-mile drive to work (which I have to be in a week), but baby steps are good.

And worth celebrating.

Also worth celebrating -- and sorry, Packer fans -- but the final numbers matched up in MY favor so I have 75 big ones coming my way when we go back to work on Tuesday (holiday tomorrow). That will be enough to pay for part of a Camp Crop-A-Lot registration anyway! Thanks, Eli Manning and company.

Happy dance aside, this really is the best I've felt all year. Hopefully someday soon I can say that I have my health, too!

No comments: