Friday, January 13, 2012

TGIsF (Thank God I Survived Friday ... the 13th)

With the way our luck has been running in 2012, I was a little hesitant to leave the house today. Did we need a Friday the 13th so soon on the calendar?

Thankfully -- and I type this while knocking on wood -- we survived it OK.

Started off the day shoveling (Carter) and blowing snow (hubby) since we got a few more inches of the winter stuff over night. My first stop of the day was the chiropractor. Remember before all the drama of the flying Dyson and the vertigo virus, I had back problems? That seems so minor now! And the back is doing much better, thanks for asking.

Then it was off to work. I didn't feel that great today (lack of sleep) but got better after a good lunch from Subway (commercial plug). By coincidence, my confidence meter was rising and keeping pace with my "feel good" meter. So I was able to accomplish not one, but two, amazing tasks after work.

First I walked into Walgreens to pick up and pay for photos. Secondly, I walked into Kwik Trip to pick up and pay for a pizza. Both times there were no lines, thankfully, plus I had Jim with me (just in case) -- but felt OK. He said, "You want to try Wal-Mart now?" Ha, I said. "Let's not push it, honey. Baby steps."

Maybe tomorrow.

Tonight after supper we enjoyed some time by a campfire next door, then I came home to sit down and write some bills. (Some things don't stop no matter how you feel.) The boys are still out there.

It was a good thing, I came home, though, or I would have missed a call from my "half" sister (who I ran the half-marathon with). We sort of laughed at the irony that 3 months ago I ran a half marathon and today my big accomplishment was walking 50 feet into a store. What a big girl I am!

Baby steps, right?

I definitely am not pushing it on Friday the 13th. My luck ran out days ago.

No comments: