Wednesday, April 18, 2012

America!

I like to be in America!
O.K. by me in America!
Ev'rything free in America
For a small fee in America! 
~ America (West Side Story)

Ironic that I am singing the lyrics to a West Side Story song called America while the teenager is doing anything but singing while studying for his American Revolution test. We obviously had two different days.

After work, my friend Christine and I went to an open house at my friend Lori's new massage business. She had done massage and wellness work for years but got away from it awhile. Now she is back in business and my back is glad is glad she's back! 

Since it was an open house, there were door prizes, of course, and guess whose luck is still running? Yes, me. I made an appointment for a massage over lunch tomorrow (since I am working from home) and I drew the prize coupon for 50% off. Nice! 

Hubby says, "Why are you wasting all our Powerball luck on baskets and massages?" I don't know. Maybe it's a good sign for tonight. Maybe?  


After the open house, Christine and I came back to my house and we watched West Side Story. We will see it next week when the Broadway touring group stops in Appleton, so we wanted to get in touch with our inner Jets and Sharks. She had actually never seen the whole musical before. Since it is one of my favorites and I have it on DVD, we took care of that tonight. Can't wait for next week!


In the meantime, long before Tony and Bernardo there were George W., Ben F., Thomas J. and some other dudes trying to make America! So I better cha-cha my way to Carter's room and see if I can help!


I like to be in America...

No comments: