Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Blog-Day to Me...

Happy Birthday to my On the Light Side blog!

It was 5 years ago today -- coincidentally Good Friday that year, too -- that I started this almost daily rambling. And I managed to do it 1,709 times. 1,710 if you count this one.

I looked back at my beginnings and remembered why I started this. Mainly two reasons: One, I wanted to keep my creative juices flowing since I don't do a whole lot of writing with my job any more. Two, I wanted my long-distance family to have a chance to "see" their youngest nephew grow up.

Even when I started, I was wondering how I could do it every single day. I mean really, what do I have to talk about every single day? I think you know the answer: Sometimes, NOTHING. Most times I sit at the keyboard and hope something comes to me. Preferably something that will make you smile, maybe laugh, maybe cry. And once in awhile, make you think. I always hope you think it's worth that precious 90 seconds of your time.

If you been with me for most of the ride, you know plenty about me. Mainly I am not perfect and I am completely honest about that! But also, I love the Lord, my family and my friends. I feel very blessed.

Just today -- since I should blog about something -- I enjoyed a wonderful date with hubby. We went to the Hunger Games movie, which we both enjoyed, then by pure happenstance, our friends Scott and Sandy were coming through town on the way to the Dells. So we met up with them and had dinner. Now, we have a tee time to golf with them down there tomorrow. Just a really nice evening!

Poor Carter was neglected all day (he was off from school), but apparently he wasn't feeling that great. Do you think it's coincidence that he watched the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off this morning then called me at work to say he wasn't feeling well enough to go to Good Friday services? Hmm...

I suspect he didn't mind being "neglected" all day. And probably will suffer through it just fine tomorrow when we're golfing.

Either way, it will give me something to blog about for another day.

Now, I gotta see if there's some blog birthday cake and ice cream waiting for me!

2 comments:

debi said...

congrats, Robyn. you are an inspiration! i enjoy reading your "light side." keep up the great "work." ~ debi

Anonymous said...

My loving twin sister-
I love your blog. You do such an awesome job. And you've made me laugh, smile, cry and think. So, you've done your job well. Keep on doing it if you love it.
Love, Raylene