Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sunny Side Up

Well the weatherman was wrong. It was not the chilly, rainy kind of day that makes one want to stay in the house and clean. (Like any day is.) Instead it was slightly cool but very sunny.

I did spend part of the day de-cluttering in the kitchen, but by noon I had to escape outside.

Today's mission was a run around nearby Lake Wazeecha. I am signed up for my first race of the season in two weeks -- a 6K around the lake. I have no intention of running the whole thing but I wanted to see if I could make it around with a run/walk schedule in mind. So I would run 5 minutes, walk 1, run 5, etc. It's a curvy path so with all the up and down and zigging and zagging, it's no wonder they call it the Jigsaw Run. Since I survived today OK, I feel better about it.

Plus, I'm excited because I'll have a new running partner with me. No, not Jim. Though I hope he takes some pictures! My one and only brother Ron is coming over from Minnesota to join me. He had wanted to get over here around Carter's birthday, so I said sure, if you will run a race with me! And he is! (Though I'm sure I would have let him come over anyway.) He's just getting into the running thing so my need for a combination of walking and running will be ideal for both of us. I just hope it's this nice in 2 weeks... and I am not listening to the weatherman ahead of time.

After my fun run, ha, I put my Martha Stewart hat on and did some baking. I noticed I still have cranberries in the freezer so I made yummy cranberry bars. After that, my productivity dropped off severely. While hubby was at church, I sat on the couch and flipped channels between two movies. All of sudden, I look out the window and it's dark. Whoops. Good thing Carter can feed himself.

I had just enough time to get ready for my date. Hubby and I started out at the Pour House listening to the band Surrender Dorothy. The guitar player is a guy we both worked with at the newspaper -- and who graduated from high school with Jim. We ran into some friends there who we ended up following to another saloon (slightly closer to home) and then onto another one that had a different band -- something like Rattlesnake and Eggs.

I haven't been bar-hopping in ages but it was kind of fun -- even as the designated driver -- because all of these places are within 5 minutes from our house! We sure don't get out much. And when we do, I guess we don't go far!

Capped off a great cool day. Just glad I turned my blanket on before we left the house!

No comments: