Monday, April 30, 2012

Out of Rotation

We had an interesting situation with our Middle School baseball team this year. With some 22 guys signed up, there's no way they could have just one team. So they divided them into three teams -- Royal, Blue and White -- and rotate who plays. (Royal & Blue, then Blue & White, then White and Royal)

Tonight was White's night off. That's Carter's team. So while hubby is a coach and still has to go to all the games, we got a night off. So what did we do?

Naturally, we went to the ballpark!

I had to get my "daughter fix" so we went to watch my girl Brittney play softball. Due to recent rains, they moved the game out to the Kellner fields near us so we didn't have far to drive if we got cold and wanted to go home. But we stuck it out and watched the Assumption girls shut out the Northland Lutheran team 4-0. Since Brit's brother was playing for the high school baseball team at the same time (in town), I got to text her mom updates during the game. It always feels good to be a useful fan.

After that, it was straight home to do homework. We just beat Jim home from the Middle School game up in Auburndale. We won that one, too! I think the high school boys won their matchup, too, so it was a good night for the Royals.

Feels weird to be out of rotation and not seeing all of our Middle School games. I guess there's nothing stopping me from going even when Carter is off.

I'm sure as soon as the mercury rises in the thermometer just a touch, my Royal self will be right there on the sidelines.

No comments: