Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hump Day Headlines

Short but sweet....

Getting Old: Am I getting too old to have a girls' night out on a "school night"? I wonder. The alarm came much too early today for someone who got to bed at midnight! Probably a good thing I had a busy day at work so I could stay upright and alert (mostly). Now here it is already past my bedtime again. Good thing we are working from the home office tomorrow so I can sleep through our early "drive time."

Getting Older: Carter just informed me his birthday is less than a week away. How is it that our baby is suddenly on the verge of turning 14? Is that possible? I mean, I don't look any older so how can he? Right. I asked what he wants and he says, "I don't know." Oh goody. Leave it in our hands and you'll get clothes. Ha. That'll teach him. (Seriously, I had a few things ordered so the timing couldn't be more perfect.)

Visiting Hours: After we got home from confirmation tonight, a scrapping friend of mine (and her husband) stopped by to borrow my Cricut cartridges. She's working on a desperate deadline to finish her son's high school album before graduation in a month. It was one of those spur of the moment visits that turned into a 90-minute chat amongst the 4 grownups in the kitchen. Love that. Next to family, friends are the neatest invention!

No comments: