Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Easter sure has changed over the years.

I remember when Carter used to be the first one up and beg us to go searching for his Easter basket. Now we have to drag him out of bed to get up in time for church. And today even that didn't work. In fact, it wasn't until I got home from church that he asked if he had a basket this year.

He then found it in 3 seconds.

Even the goodies in the basket have changed. We've learned over the years, that Carter enjoys the thrill of the hunt with our family Easter Egg Hunt but isn't a big candy eater. This year, since we were just up there for my mom's birthday and didn't have the big hunt, he just got a few things he'll actually like: beef jerky, gum, a few peanut butter eggs and some Peeps (I don't think he eats them as much as experiments with them.). He also got the Easter movie HOP and an iTunes card. He was happy with that, so good job, Easter Bunny.

The rest of the day went just as planned.

Since it was sunny, I got a 3-mile run in. It was very windy, though, so that wasn't an enjoyable outing. I got back in time to see Mickelson tee off and watched the Masters for the afternoon while pricing garage sale clothes.

We went to Jim's parents for Easter dinner. Thankfully, his dad is a golf fan so we got to see the rest of the Masters and the playoff. Great, great contest this year! Had a great supper, too. Even if I have had ham for lunch every day since my mother's party, it still tasted good to have "real" ham for dinner.

By the way, Jim and I are having turkey sandwiches for lunch this week -- just for something different. Whew. And for dessert, we'll get peanut butter eggs.

What? You don't think the Easter Bunny bought the whole bag just for Carter, do you??

Happy Easter!

No comments: