Thursday, April 26, 2012

Catch a Breath

If you unexpectedly felt dizzy this morning, maybe experienced a good case of vertigo even, blame Carter. He overslept big time and the world came to a complete stop.

We never get used to that sense of panic when it happens -- the oversleeping, not the Earth halting its rotation. But I tell ya, it's not any fun to observe it, either.

Technically, since Carter usually gets up way too early (in our opinion), he should have had time to get dressed and catch his ride. I mean he can shower quick and doesn't have to curl his hair or anything. But we still gave him a ride to school. And by "we" I mean Daddy did while I went back to bed for a few minutes.

Worked from home today and this evening. Lots of stuff to do since I am off tomorrow and because I had to work my schedule around a run (hey, it was sunny) and a baseball game. The run was a little painful, but the game was worse.

Got beat something like 16-1 to Stevens Point... and it took several innings to score that 1 run.The pitching from St. Pete's was amazing. They struck out so many of our guys that it took 4 innings to get through our lineup once. Not good. Not good at all. Carter was one of those who struck out at his first at bat. During his second, he hit the ball solidly but somebody managed to nab it and throw him out in a close call at first base. Oh well. At least he made good contact finally.

After the game, we stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries while hubby headed straight to Stevens Point to meet some friends for their annual "NFL Draft Party." We got home and I finished up some work while listening to Carter out at the kitchen table lamenting over Hamilton and Burr (I do not miss some parts of studying history!).

Time to catch my breath now and hopefully sneak to bed before he asks me another question.

Hey, I might know a thing or two about history but he threw me with that last one on demagoguery. Good night!

No comments: