Thursday, April 5, 2012

Losing It

I already lost my mind for good, but I hate when I lose other things with seemingly no hope of finding them.

When I was at my mother's birthday party, I ended up talking to relatives on both sides of the family about genealogy. There is a cousin on my dad's side who I've talked family tree stuff with before. That day he gave me his email and a website where I could find a few things out. He had a little notebook with him so he wrote it down for me and gave me the sheet of paper.

Later in the day, someone on my mom's side asked if I could print out a family tree booklet for them. I had one on display that I made up for a family reunion a few years back. I had never met this woman but she gave me her name and address so I could mail them one.

Last weekend I printed the book out and looked up the info my dad's cousin suggested. Today I was finally getting around to mailing that booklet out and, wouldn't you know it, that piece of paper with the address on is nowhere to be found. I have looked everywhere. Well, everywhere except where it actually is!

I even called my mom tonight to see if she knew what cousin might have wanted that info. She was clueless but read some names from the guestbook. Honestly, nothing rings a bell. So I told her if anyone asks about it, she knows where to find me.

I suspect this disappeared in one of those strange places I will never look. You know how it is when you are holding something but you put it down to pick something else up or get distracted doing something else and never get back to it? That must have been what happened.

I also suspect that when I stop looking, I'll find it. It will just suddenly be there. Right in front of me.

Hopefully my mind is sitting right next to it!

No comments: