Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dancing Queens

What an eventful weekend! Had such a good time on so many levels. First of all, I made the long drive up and back safely. That's most important.

My first stop Friday was at the courthouse in Balsam Lake and that proved to be more productive than I hoped. Through some records I was able go back one more generation on my mother's dad's side of the family. So that was a nice surprise.

My other Friday fun included visiting with my parents, enjoying the church Pancake Supper with them and hooking up with two of my sisters and their husbands in Grantsburg.With my twin and I there, it was like a half Sister Weekend! Fun.

Saturday was our big day. We had quite an adventure actually getting to the theatre -- between pouring rain, road construction and our general lack of knowledge of downtown Minneapolis. I got to see Target Field -- we drove by there accidentally. Twins game was rained out so we would have been competing for parking otherwise. Instead, we ended up in a lot not half a block from the Orpheum, and ate at a pub next door to it. Other than running in the rain, sharing a jacket and no umbrella, it all worked out.
We're here!! We've been waiting since Christmas for this!!
The sign in the lobby was right: "You already know you're gonna love it!" And we did!
 
This was Raylene's first Broadway production so I was super excited for her!
The Orpheum is a small, older theater, but it is so gorgeous inside!
It's a great venue because there really isn't a bad seat in the house.
But I must say we certainly enjoyed our view from Row 5. Awesome!! It was a fabulous production. So entertaining! The crowd was involved and we were all on our feet dancing during the last two numbers. So fun!!
Afterward, the rain had stopped so we got a picture of us together! Merry Christmas to us!!

Of course, the weekend fun wasn't over. Went out to eat with Raylene's family -- including my very dressed up niece Ashley and her gentleman friend visiting from Georgia. It was prom night but they were just planning on dining out and not going to the dance. They invited us all with so it was Raylene and her hubby and my nephew Tony, too. I will post some pictures tomorrow since I have a few things I better get done around the house.

I didn't get back 'til almost 5 tonight. But it was a great reason for the delay.

It happened that my BFF from high school was at her parents in Luck for the weekend helping them after her dad's back surgery. So after leaving Raylene's, I met Julie at a coffee shop in Luck and we visited for a good hour or so. Funny. We live 90 minutes apart but we each drove 4+ hours to get together! Glad it worked out.

Capped off a great weekend that will keep me dancing all week!

No comments: