Tuesday, April 10, 2012

And Now, Back to the Show...

Call me goofy or geeky or whatever you want, but I was excited today that Glee was returning after leaving us hanging (like good cliff-hangers do) for several weeks during an off-season hiatus. So my mission today was just get everything done that I had to do so I could be on that couch at 7 p.m.

Mission accomplished!

Had a busy day at work, then hubby dropped me off at home and joined Carter at baseball practice. I threw some laundry in the washer, loaded up the CRV and went to our friend Audrey's house to drop off stuff for our garage sale this weekend. I unloaded, organized my stuff on tables and still got home before the guys. So I threw clothes in the dryer, pork chops in the oven and whipped up a batch of banana bread... which I pulled out of the oven just as Glee was starting.

I've got multi-tasking down to a science!

Was it worth it? Of course! Even if the guys rolled their eyes and made fun of my show, it was still worth it! And seriously, any excuse to dig out my '80s music -- in this case, my Duran Duran CD -- is a bonus.

Then, as a super bonus, I also got to hear Carter present his forensics speech to us. He's incredibly nervous about the competition tomorrow, but if he is as clear and dynamic as he was in front of us, he should be fine.

It's not like he has to sing and dance! Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Nothing wrong at all. Right, Gleeks?

No comments: