Friday, April 20, 2012

Snow Day, Sort Of

Only in Wisconsin (well, the Midwest) would we wake up to this -- and end the day with the wonderful smell of fresh-cut grass drifting through the open window. That's what we call Spring.

I kidded Carter that he had a Snow Day today... and he actually did have the day off for a pre-scheduled teacher in-service. But we can pretend it was a bonus. For hubby and me, the roads were clear so we had to go to work. Had a busy day but was able to see the snow melt under the spring sun.

I think it warmed up to the 50s after all that -- at least warm and dry enough for hubby to cut grass when we got home. I opted to get my pedometer steps by going to Wal-Mart.

We did take a little walk around the neighborhood when we got done with our physical labor. Figured we should take advantage of the nice evening since it's supposed to be cool and rainy this weekend. Nothing like rain clouds to push away our nice spring weather. If you're wondering what it looks like, I took this on Wednesday out my window at work...

I call it the Ying and Yang of Clouds... Those dark ones on the left were ready to push our nice day away. And that is what happened. Gloom ruled the day.

Next time, I hope the light side wins.

No comments: