Wednesday, April 4, 2012

...And We're Back

Hello, House. Yes, I see I've been ignoring you for the past week while I have lost myself in the Hunger Games trilogy. I finished the final book tonight, though, so I'm back!

It is sort of embarrassing that I let it take control of me like that. But at the same time it's been fun sharing this adventure with hubby. And it is encouraging that there still are some "good reads" out there that we can't put down. (Something every writer dreams of accomplishing!)

Other than housework, I haven't missed much. Carter and Jim have had baseball practice every night. Carter then has a load of homework and is unapproachable. So it's been good that I've kept hidden between the pages of a book.

On the downside, I haven't done anything to prep for a garage sale that I go in on each spring with Carter's former babysitter. Besides Carter's small clothes, I don't ever put much on there. Probably because I am too lazy to price things. I am. I really find that too tedious. I don't make an effort to set aside the time. I could. I mean I have this weekend yet. So we'll see...

... what other excuse I'll come up with!

(Hey, I'm honest if nothing else.)

I'm sure I'll find a new book to start by the weekend. I'd say I'm open to suggestions, but you see where that got me this time.

Maybe once the dust settles, er disappears, I'll back to you.

No comments: