Monday, April 2, 2012

Manic Monday

Manic: Pertaining to or affected by mania.

March may be over, but the madness is just culminating. In more ways than one.

In an unexpected progression of events, hubby and I are simultaneously reading the same book. How is this done? Oh, it's possible.

I was reading the second Hunger Games book 'til I went to bed last night. Since I crash early, hubby started reading it. Weird seeing a book with two bookmarks, but I can understand why he didn't want to wait to get started. So while he drove to and from work today, I got to read some more and finished it late this afternoon while the guys were at baseball practice.

I made supper for them and then just had to go to Wal-Mart to get Book #3. Now I can see why people don't just say they read the Hunger Games, they say they read the trilogy. There's no way to stop at just one or two. I saw another woman there buying Book #2. I said, "You might as well buy #3 while you're at it!"

So tonight I am hoping to get going on it but can't completely ignore my normal Monday night dates -- Adam and Blake on The Voice. Plus I need to keep an eye on the NCAA final. I have my Kansas sweatshirt on in support of Carter's bracket.

While I am sitting here on the couch, I am hearing groaning from the table, where Carter is agonizing over homework, and hear groaning and occasional cursing from the computer room, were Jim is participating in his Fantasy Baseball draft.

Who says Madness is confined to March? Certainly no one in this house!

Now if we can just get through round one tonight!

No comments: