Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth to Robyn...

Earth to Robyn... Come in, Robyn... Can you hear me?

Yes, I felt a little out of it today. I did not realize that "bar-hopping" was a form of exercise and I should have stretched out beforehand. Not sure what I did, but I woke up and could hardly move my neck. Must have been the head-banging music.

Or I slept on it wrong.

Either way, I've been in pain today and trying to nurse it back to health. Ended up sleeping in a bit and going to late church, which means we were not home to "start" our day 'til afternoon. I had intended to do something special for Earth Day. All I managed was this slightly fuzzy butterfly picture. For their part, the guys cleaned up the back yard, Carter planted a little tree and hubby pounded down mole hills and mowed.

I got off easy, I know.

I did have important things to do like run Book #3 of the Hunger Games series over to a friend's house. That couldn't wait. We commiserated a few minutes about our teenage boys and their new-found laziness and attitude. Glad we're not in this alone. I also had to run to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Ran into my "half" sister Chris there (my half-marathon partner), so more visiting.

By the time I got home and got supper going in the crockpot, it seemed too late to get any major (or minor, for that matter) projects going around the house so I spent an hour helping Carter fill out his first job application. He also had to call up 3 people who could serve as references. Even if he doesn't get this summer job (which I will tell you about if he gets it), it was a good experience. At this rate, between that application and the scholarship essays he's been writing, he'll be a pro by college graduation.

But let's not rush things.

The only other things I accomplished in my non-observance of Earth Day were a 2-mile walk after supper and a phone call to my parents tonight. Both were much needed and both were refreshing.

Glad I saved the best for last.

Happy Earth Day!

No comments: