Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

I'm not really the suspicious type. In fact, it was about 10 a.m. before I realized today is one of those Friday the 13ths we're supposed to worry about.

I should have figured it out last night on the way home when a black cat crossed the road in front of my vehicle. Then later, having very strange dreams about having to play a ukulele for some competition -- well, having to learn to play it in 5 minutes beforehand, too. Woke up very stressed and tired this morning. Thankfully, that was it for the weirdness. It was a pretty non-freaky Friday.

Was very busy at work. Then I got word that King Cone opened in Amherst today so I begged my driver to stop. Just got a small dose of Blueberry Wafflecone ice cream. That'll get me through the weekend!

Since Carter is at a friend's for the night, we went straight into town after work and caught part of the Assumption girls softball game. Got to see my "pretend adopted daughter" hit a triple. But they still lost to Edgar. Darn. We went from there over to the varsity baseball game where they smacked Edgar around and won by 10 runs in 6 innings. We really only caught one inning of that game before it was done.

Came home and gathered up my scrapbooking stuff (which I admit was not unpacked yet from Camp Crop-A-Lot) and went over to my friend Becky's for a few hours. Only got 2 pages done in Carter's Middle School book -- but had a nice visit. That's what counts! Hubby enjoyed a nice visit, too... in the Man Cave next door while I was gone. This isn't exactly how a couple should take advantage of night to themselves. But we both had fun, so that's all that matters.

And we don't necessarily want to push our luck on Friday the 13th, do we?

Well maybe just a little.

No comments: