Sunday, April 15, 2012

Re-Gifting

I unknowingly re-gifted my winning gift basket to Sylvester! Really all I needed to do was put it on the floor and put her blankie in there. Next time I walked into the living room, she'd already claimed it as another sleeping spot. And she's got her share of them around the house.

I can't blame her for wanting to snuggle up in the shelter of the basket. The winds have been wicked this evening and I suspect they're pushing some wicked weather our way, too.

Although it rained overnight, it has been dry here in central Wisconsin all day. This was good news for the garage sale. Carter and I went to 8 a.m. church then stopped by to help a few hours if needed. Mainly I just wanted Carter to spend some time with his old babysitters -- and I think they enjoyed seeing him. He misses going there -- but would never admit that he needs a babysitter or anything like that!

I knew storms were supposed to arrive in the afternoon or evening, so I got a little 3-mile walk/run in before the winds picked up. By late afternoon, I'm guessing our friends had to close the garage sale to keep things from blowing away!

After my run, I picked up around the house a bit, made some peanut butter chocolate chip bars and some Apple-Snicker Salad. As usual, Carter asks, "Who's that for?" Well 99 out of 100 times it's for some potluck or something so he was quite surprised when I said, "For US!" I figured as long as I made those things recently for other people, I should use up the ingredients and let the guys have some. (Me, too. That bar is going to go great with ice cream!)

Looks like the skies are darkening up so I better log off. Based on radar images I've seen, it appears I have lots of family in Minnesota getting pounded. Sending out prayers for everyone's safety.

Feel free to re-gift those, too.

No comments: