Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Keep it Simple

Just because something is simple does not mean it is easy. Trust me, I can take a simple anything and complicate the heck out of it.

Case in point -- these rules to live by...


They are laid out in a simple fashion, so it sounds easy. Yet the task each one assigns is challenging. No doubt worth the effort, though.

Depending on the day, the month and even the weather, I struggle with all of these to varying degrees, which just proves I'm human, I guess. I wish I didn't let my past define me or let my present get jumbled worrying what other people think -- or what they have or what they do.

I love #5. Stop thinking too much! I guess I have enough on my plate without fretting over other people's opinions of me and letting that set the barometer for my mood.

#6 is quite a valid statement, too. No one is in charge of my happiness, except me. So I can't blame my losing sports teams, my grumpy teenager, my crappy computer or my aching back. I just have to grin and bear it.

Sounds simple enough for me to at least give it try.

Remember K.I.S.S. ... Keep it simple, silly. (And if your memory is going like mine, have chocolate KISSes on hand to help you remember. Everybody wins.)


No comments: