Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wrap Party

Every major theatrical production concludes with a wrap party for the cast and crew. A post-Crop-toberfest celebration is no different.

First, the production...

What grade school looks like in a nutshell... or in this case, in two scrapbooking albums. Grades 1-3 in one and Grades 4-6 in the other. ALL DONE!

It feels great to be done but it was such a trip to spend a few days seeing my baby when he was still a little boy, instead of a tall teen with no inclination to pose for a photo. Ever.

My silly, adorable child! I miss him!

I did get high school started today but cut it off to get home by noon to make a cake for that "wrap party" later. Technically, it was a Packer party, but we don't call it that in our house. We went to some friends' and watched TV and ate stupendous jumbalaya. Yum, yum, yummy! My butterscotchy Hornet's Nest Cake for dessert provided a nice opposite to create balance on our spicy taste palates.

Had a nice time and were home early enough to give Carter (who allegedly stayed home to do homework) some still-warm leftovers. Now I've got about an hour 'til I am calling it an early night.

After my 53-page weekend production and stellar wrap party, I think this diva deserves it. Don't you?


No comments: