Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Oktober-Fuss


You know you are working in Wisconsin when you spot a keg in your breakroom!

Yup, it was Oktoberfest at work today. And, yes, if you look closely it is a keg of ROOT beer!

We had a potluck lunch of brats and burgers and all the goodies we employees brought. It's after 9 p.m. and I still haven't eaten anything since. I was that full! I'm sure I overindulged in too many glasses of beer (nothing beats Point Root Beer on tap), not to mention the tasty dessert selection.

I wonder if this will keep up all month. Even just on "You know what day it is" Wednesdays is fine since there are five of them in October. Hmmm....

Besides fall fests, October is prime time for baseball -- for some fans. Hubby was quite disappointed that his Reds were denied a playoff spot after losing to Pittsburgh last night. I was just happy my Twins didn't lose 100 games this season (though they came darn close).

Carter mentioned that the NHL season has already started, too. Hockey?? We're not going to talk about that -- or the fact the Weather Channel has already named their first winter storm of the season. I still can't get over the fact they are calling this week's nice weather "Indian Summer." I think I'm in denial. Isn't it still August?

Between you and me, I don't think Mr. Deck Chair is going to be happy about this.

And this summer-sun-lovin' blogger ain't either.


No comments: