Saturday, October 19, 2013

We Interrupt this Scrapbooking Weekend to Bring You...

Even on our most productive days, interruptions aren't all bad.

Was back in town scrapping again by 8:30 this morning. Finished Carter's 5th-grade pages right away and moved onto 6th. Was almost done with that in the mid-afternoon when I got a from my sister Rachel.

On Friday, she had driven our mom down to the Cashton area to meet up with old friends. They stayed overnight and were gradually making their way back up north today. They called from the Tomah / Black River Falls area when they realized they were only an hour away from Rapids.

Probably a good thing I was "out" for the weekend, but not out of town. They met me at the hotel where I was scrapping and I drove us out to my house to see the guys.


Although I had been up north in August, Mom hadn't seen Carter (tall Carter!) or Jim since June. She was looking good and seemed to be doing OK. Visited a bit then took them out to eat. After that, it was back to the hotel, where they hit the road north and I hit the scrapbook again.

I finished 6th grade and, as a result, the 4th album in Carter's K-8 series! Yes! Now it is onto high school!

I think I am at 48 pages for the weekend so far. Now that I got that grade school book done, any work on 9th grade is just icing on the cake.

Just as sweet as having a surprise visitor on a Saturday!


No comments: