Saturday, October 12, 2013

Spirited Saturday


Our Saturday travel for our last regular season cross country meet was a mere 5 minutes away as Wisconsin Rapids' Lincoln High School hosted the meet at The Ridges Golf Course.

That was nice. I slept in while hubby got Carter to the course by 9 and set up our team tent. He came home and picked me up and returned with team snacks and water by the first JV race at 10:30 Very convenient to be close to home -- for us and for the teenager who forget who his official team warmup pants.

Despite rain overnight and sprinkles on our way to the meet, the rain held off and the sun made an appearance for the big day. Our boys did really well, I don't think any of our boys got a personal record for their time, but pretty close. Carter was 20 seconds off his PR but also 4 minutes or so faster on this course than his 2012 time. Great improvement!

I think I might have gotten a few decent pictures today, too, but will have to upload them at a different time. Right now I am just beat.

We got home by 2 and I spent a good farewell moment with Mr. Deck Chair. I keep threatening that "this is it" for the season, but Mother Nature feels sorry for me and I get these little summer-like surprises once in awhile.

After that, I had to run to the store for a few quick groceries and race home -- since Wal-Mart trips are never brief -- with 15 minutes to get changed and ready for a wedding we were invited to at the neaby Wildhorse Saloon. The good news is this wedding was super casual so we could just wear jeans and a nice shirt. Works for me.


Here are Jim and the groom, Chet, who have known each other for a lifetime -- including fun times over softball games, going to the races and occasionally enjoying Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.

There were hundreds of people at this wedding and the DJ was rockin' the tunes. Now that's the spirit

Unfortunately we reached our party-pooping point of tiredness like old people and were home by 10 p.m. Gotta make sure we still  have some spirit leftover for 8 a.m. church!


No comments: